Do you Jott? Great New Technology
I have been testing out a new beta program/service called Jott (www.jott.com). It is a free (as of now) service especially designed for those who have been guilty of text messaging (or even emailing) while driving. I’m sure none of us actually do this…LOL
Basically, it is a phone service that transcribes voice messages into text and/or email format. Once you sign up and import contacts from your address book (very easy to do), you simply call a toll-free number to “Jott” one of your contacts or groups (yes, multiple people).
Here’s how it works:
- I call Jott using the toll-free number [already on speed dial :)].
- An automated voice answers and asks, “Who would you like to Jott?”
- I can say the name of a person or a group on my contact list (e.g., “Tina” or “New Hope Leadership”).
- The automated voice will then restate the person/group I have selected and ask if this is correct.
- Once I say yes, it will ask me to record a message for the person/group.
- Once finished, it will send out a transcribed text and/or email to the person/group.
For the email message, it will also have a link to the actual voice message online. So far, I have found the transcription to be fairly accurate. In any case, people will also receive a link to the actual voice mail.
In addition, you can leave yourself reminders by creating folders on your account.
As the Beta King (according to my wife), I thought I would share this cool find with you…
Hoping that Technology will Reduce Accidents on the Road (Especially Mine),
P.S. This was not written while driving…:)