The Idea Camp is Back!
The Idea Camp is Back!!!
After taking a couple of months to decompress, reflect and reimagine, I would like to announce our latest idea (and experiment)… The Idea Sessions
The Idea Sessions will be 2 hour sessions that will be regionally hosted by some in our Idea Camp community. In the spirit of the Idea Camp, these sessions will be broadcasted live online and formatted to facilitate on-going conversation about a given topic.
These Idea Sessions will be hosted in various venues in partnership with other networks, churches, and conferences. Our hope is that we would help to model and champion the importance of collaboration and relationship. As mentioned in previous communiques, the Idea Camp does NOT exist to compete with other conferences. I personally believe that each conference brings something unique to the table that must be celebrated, platformed, and partnered with when opportunities arise.
Therefore, our first ever Idea Session will be broadcasted live online from the WFX Conference (a conference that focuses on worship facilities, technology, and professional development). We are so glad to be partnering with WFX to bring you the Idea Sessions.
Here’s the info:
- Date/Time: Thursday May 14th from 5:30pm to 7:30pm PDT
- Location: Long Beach Convention Center – 300 E. Ocean Blvd Long Beach, CA 90802
- Idea Session Topic: The Ethos of Creativity – A Journey from Ideation to Implementation
- Idea Session Description: This Idea Session invites participants to enter conversation with practitioners in the field of creative ideation and implementation. Primarily guided by the questions of participants, the facilitators will create an environment in which people will gain practical insights for developing, networking, and implementing creative ideas. Whether you are well experienced or new to this area of creative ideation, we invite you to come and participate in our collective effort to move ideas forward.
- Idea Session Facilitators:
- Cost? – ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!
In addition, the WFX Conference has given the Idea Camp an exclusive offer for their conference.
- Idea Campers who show up for the Idea Session can get a FREE expo pass or 20% discount off of the WFX sessions. Anyone who wants to walk the show floor and/or attend keynote sessions can register on their website by clicking here. Be sure to enter the Priority Code: IDEACAMP to trigger the free/discounted pricing.
- For those of you who are available to make it out a little earlier, I will be participating in the Social Networking Lounge with other Idea Campers on the show floor earlier that afternoon. Come out and hang out with us. (If you do come out, be sure to register online for the FREE expo pass by using our priority code. You will need an expo pass to be on the show floor.)
I hope to see all of you there in two weeks!
Many thanks to WFX, Visioneering Studios, the Origins Project, and New Song for partnering with us on our very first Idea Session experiment!