A Road Map for the Idea Camp in 2010
The following is an email I sent out to those connected with the Idea Camp. It lays out where Idea Camp will be in 2010. If you have not already received this email, I hope this will answer some of the questions that have been circulating of late about our planned activities this year. Thanks for taking the time to read it! Always appreciative, Charles
We wanted to update you and where Idea Camp will be in 2010. We’ve developed some great partnerships these past few months in order that we may facilitate more meaningful gatherings this year. The following is a list of events planned for this year (with more details coming soon):
- Ideation Conference (April 5-6 in Long Beach, CA)
- Ideation Conference is a sister-conference that focuses on non-profit leadership and organizational development.
- Speakers will include Scott Harrison (charity: water), Ben Keesey (Invisible Children), Beth Kanter (Beth’s Blog), Keith Kall (World Vision), Hannah Song (Liberty in North Korea), Jake Harriman (Nuru International), and many others.
- Please use the following special registration code for Idea Campers that will save you $50 per registration: BLOGGER
- Unlike the Idea Camp, this is not a faith-based event. Nevertheless, we believe that this conference will greatly benefit faith leaders who run or work with non-profits.
- The Idea Camp at Exponential Conference (April 19-22 in Orlando, FL)
- We will be hosting 5 Idea Camp workshops during Exponential in their main lounge area.
- Speakers for our workshops will include Shane Claiborne, Alan Hirsch, Dave Ferguson, Mark Batterson, Neil Cole, Dave Gibbons, Mark DeYmaz, Janet McMahon, Efren Smith, and Armando Fullwood.
- Exponential Conference has given us a special discount code for the
event (“2010idea“). Just use this code during registration to receive
- Also, if you need further financial assistance, please email me at [email protected]
- The Idea Camp Las Vegas (September 27-28 at Central Christian Church in Las Vegas, NV)
- We are excited to announce that our only independently run Idea Camp for 2010 will be in Las Vegas and will center around the theme of Sexuality (!CSEX). The conversations will focus on topics including sexual identity, orientation, abuse, pornography, marriage, prostitution, slavery, and many more.
- In partnership with Jud Wilhite and Central Christian Church, we expect this gathering to be a powerful time of honest and holistic engagement around the theme of sexuality.
- Details will be coming out for this event in late April.
- All this to say….PLEASE SAVE THE DATE!
- The Idea Camp at National Outreach Convention (November 3-5 in San Diego, CA)
- We were recently approached by Outreach to facilitate the pre-conference (Nov. 3) for their annual convention. It will be a one-day Idea Camp centered around the topic of compassionate justice and the Church.
- Details are coming soon!
The continual hope of Idea Camp is that we would live as a tribe of idea-makers who are committed to learning from one another, openly sharing best practices, and intentionally collaborating for His Kingdom. The “I” must become “WE”.
Thank you so much for believing in Idea Camp and investing your life into this community.
Charles Lee and Idea Camp Team