Life Scribbles: 7 Practical Reminders for Staying Humble Online
As individuals get more opportunities for exponential exposure through media, it is becoming increasingly difficult for many of us to stay humble in a real kind of way. In light of this, I thought I would share the following 7 practical reminders that will hopefully help us stay humble:
- Always remember the 6.7+ billion people who have no idea who you are nor care what you do.
- It’s true… not everyone is up waiting for your status update or next blog post.
- Yes, some people actually know you’re faking your social media knowledge (and they’re laughing).
- Nope…you’re not Seth Godin nor Ashton Kuthcher.
- You’re unreal, cool looking avatar everyone admires will only lead to a great let down when people actually meet you.
- Not all of your “friends” are actually friends.
- Talk to your spouse.
Do you have any other insights to help us stay humble?
Life Scribbles is a new blog category I created to jott down quick notes about various topics and personal interests. These notes (including questions) are meant to be short, thought-provoking, relatively open, and purposefully unresolved. I’m hoping that these Life Scribbles will challenge or refine perspectives, create meaningful conversations, and lead to further inquiry about the topics presented.