Idea-Shaping: From Brainstorm to Reality
I recently had the privilege of writing a feature article for Outreach Magazine (January/February issue) about idea-making. In it, I share the following 7 principles for taking ideas to implementation:
- Yes, Implementing an Idea is Hard Work
- The Most Potent Obstacles to Idea-Shaping Lie Within Us
- Spatial Ideation Must Be Considered in the Process
- Writing It Down Gives Perspective
- A Creative Process is Essential to Executing Ideas
- Questions and Improved Strategy Come Up Throughout the Process
- Your Ideas Can Become Reality
In addition, I had some great input from some amazing idea-makers including Jeff Shinabarger of Plywood People, Brad Lomenick of Catalyst, and Dawn Nicole Baldwin of AspireOne. The print version of the article will also include an interview I did a few months ago with Scott Belsky of Behance.
You can click here to view the whole article online.