Idea-Makers List for February 2012
Idea-makers are people who implement their concepts and passions well. At the beginning of each month, I highlight some of these idea-makers that I’ve connected with the previous month through conversations and/or meetings. You may know some of these individuals already, but I’m sure there will be others that you should get to know!
Here’s my February list of idea-makers:
- Jacquelline Fuller – Jacquelline is the Director Charitable Giving and Advocacy at Google.org. She worked previously with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Google.org, Google’s philanthropic arm, develops technologies to help address global challenges and supports innovative partners through grants, investments and in-kind resources.
- Liz Strauss – Liz is a well known blogger, speaker, and consultant to many leading companies. She is also the convener of a great conference in Chicago called SOBCon; considered the Cirque du Soleil of business strategy events. It’s an interactive think tank that moves ideas to action — packed with business strategies and social media immersion. You will walk away with new ideas and the energy and network to implement them!
- Jeremy Sidell – Jeremy is the Chief Development and Communications Officer for one of my favorite organizations – PATH (People Assisting the Homeless). He is incredibly innovative and simply gets things done! PATH is leading the charge in providing innovative and integrate solutions for homelessness.
- Michael Kroll – Michael was the Lead in 2011 of Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good Campaign. Michael and his team elevated the way that corporations engage the public and organizations in the area of social good. Toyota chose not to take a marketing approach to their campaign but rather focused on philanthropic support to worthy organizations. Yes, they raised the bar on how online campaigns are done.
- Jeff Shinabarger – Jeff is the Founder of Plywood People, an innovative movement of social entrepreneurs creating good in our world. Jeff and his team have created several initiatives and gatherings designed to help idea-makers move forward. Be sure to connect with this creative community of people innovating for good.