A Great Alternative to Evite – Socializr.com
I recently found a great new alternative to Evite.com. It’s called Socializr.com. In addition to some of the basic functions to evite (a website created to service RSVP’s for parties and special functions), it allows users to do the following:
- share layout designs with friends;
- integrate with networking sites like facebook, myspace, twitter, and flickr;
- create easy links and interfaces to websites, blogs, phones, outlook (if you’re into that);
- choose between yahoo, google, and mapquest;
- see profile pictures of respondents;
- add custom features like music, video, flash widget, fonts, etc. (some do cost a little extra – the basic service is free);
- create profiles for organizations;
- export guest lists, etc.
I started to look for an alternative to Evite because of its inconsistencies and amount of ads (some questionable).
Love to hear what you think about this service… The following is a description from Socializr.com:
Socializr is a free web service for sharing event and party information with your friends.
Use Socializr to plan the ultimate social life!
Our motto: “Don’t be boring.” (because Google already took “Don’t be evil.”)
Founded in 1848, during the California Gold Rush, Socializr, Inc. is located in San Francisco, California, and was originally used by prospectors, miners, and gamblers to coordinate outings to popular saloons. This mysterious company is now run by a large team of magic elves, and assisted by junior computer programmer Jonathan Abrams.
Socializr is a “Web 3.1” company. “Web 3.1” is an arbitrary and silly label like “Web 2.0”, but even sillier, and 55% cooler! And everyone knows nothing works right until the 3.1 version.