Why 3 Idea Events?
Ideas can indeed change our world.
This is one of the motivating drives behind the company I started last year called Ideation. Our hope is to help individuals, organizations, and companies take their inspiration to implementation through creative strategy, branding, marketing, social tools, and custom events.
I determined early on in my career that money wasn’t going to be my primary motive for my endeavors. Although I definitely need to “make a living”, what ultimately drives me is the ability to support fellow idea-makers in creating a better world through intelligent products and social good. I definitely don’t consider myself to be noble in any way. Quite honestly, I do this because I recognize life is short and I think it’s right to contribute as much good as we can during this short time on earth, especially for our children and those who may continue to experience systemic injustices around our world if we don’t act.
As a company, we’ve created some great idea events to help all of us move forward in not only accomplishing good for ourselves, but also for fellow human beings. We approach these events with a philanthropic posture and don’t view them necessarily as money-making opportunities.
Some have asked of late for an explanation of all of the events we’re planning towards this end. In response, I thought I would put together a list of our top 3 events that might be of benefit towards your efforts [with some discount information as well 🙂 ]:
- The Idea Camp (Feb 25-26, 2011 in Northwest Arkansas)
- The Idea Camp was designed to help people move ideas forward. Each Idea Camp has a different focus and gathers an eclectic group of participants from around the country.
- This particular Idea Camp is centered around the topic of Orphan Care. The reality is that there are over 163 million orphans in our world. The solutions to this crisis need to be creative, diverse, and collaborative. I’m passionate about this in part because my mother leads an orphanage in China to help mentally and physically challenged children, many of whom have been discarded by their family.
- The Idea Camp is primarily a faith-based event (unlike the next two) and is designed to engage the Church into becoming more tangible expressions of God’s love to our world. Whether you have a faith perspective or not, you’re invited to participate and contribute to this event. The Idea Camp shatters most perceptions of the Church anyway. 🙂
- Special Discount Code for 10% Off: ICFRIEND
- Ideation Conference (Mar 28-29, 2011 in Long Beach, CA)
- This conference brings together business and non-profit leaders into an interactive space filled with art, music, fashion, and meaningful conversations about creating more good in our world. It is probably one of the most creative events I’ve had the privilege of organizing and facilitating.
- The goal of this event is to help not-for-profits run better organizations and help businesses re-imagine how they can more effectively run their businesses while creating more good in our world.
- The collaborative spirit and willingness to learn from peers permeates this entire event. Some have even been so kind to consider it a “life-altering” event. It definitely has changed the way we run our business and lead some of our philanthropic endeavors.
- Special Discount Code for 10% Off: IDEA10
- i2i with Scott Belsky (Mar 30, 2011 in Long Beach, CA)
- We’re proud to announce a creation of a new one-day format we’re calling i2i (inspiration 2 implementation). i2i’s will host a significant voice in a professional field/genre in a environment of accessible engagement, intentional networking, and discovery of best practices from the field.
- Our inaugural event will host Scott Belsky of Behance. Most in the creative world know Scott as an idea guru who helps people and companies take ideas to implementation by considering creative processes, reimagining work flow & teamwork, and action-oriented systems.
- We will intentionally keep these events small in order for people to connect more with each other.
- Special Discount Code for $20 Off (Limited Supply): IDEABLOG
I hope to personally see you at one or more of these events. I know that many of you are idea-makers and I believe we really need each other in order to move our ideas toward implementation.
Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or thoughts at charles[at]theideation[dot]com.