Do Good on Black Friday: Spend for Others & Fight Slavery
We are only one day away from Black Friday, the craziest shopping day of the year. People have been lining up all week for the chance of getting great deals on products and services. For me, I choose to shop online for good deals, not only on Black Friday but throughout the rest of the year. I don’t mind avoiding the crowds and madness that surround shopping at stores. 🙂
My friends at the Remedy Group, a non-profit corporation that exists to come along side individuals and organizations by providing the intellectual and financial resources necessary to overcome the hurdles that prevent philanthropic visions from becoming reality, have created Spend for Others, a new website that allows you to give a portion of your day to day spending towards a cause of your choice.
They approached our non-profit JustOne, specifically for our initiative One Voice to End Slavery, to be one of the first round of organizations to benefit. When you shop through the Spendforothers.org website Remedy Group will receive a percentage from the items you purchase. The percentage they receive can range from 3% to 15% depending on the product purchased and the store you buy through.
Remedy Group will distribute 80% of the proceeds from your shopping to JustOne. The remaining 20% will be retained to cover our administrative cost, once their costs have been covered the remaining funds will be given back out to organizations working to care for orphans and widows, those suffering in poverty, and individuals affected by social injustice. Remedy Group is a not for profit company and 100% of the proceeds of this site is used for philanthropic purposes.
There are no hidden costs nor difference in costs for you in shopping for products and services you use everyday. The big difference is that you’ll get to support organizations like us!
Click here to start. (And Yes! Purchases are good year round, not just on Good Friday!)