Secret Guests Revealed for the Idea Camp
The Idea Camp is only 4 days away (This Coming Friday)!!!
We thought it would be a good time to let people know who our “secret guests” were for our general sessions. We have a couple of reasons for revealing the guests now:
- We did not want the focus of the Idea Camp to be on any “celebrity” figure. We truly believe that the sum of the wisdom of the crowds, especially when working together, is greater than any well known speaker. Our hope was that waiting until the last minute to reveal these names would help focus the attention on the participants and not our friends, some of whom happen to be well know. In addition, those coming as our “secret guests” didn’t really care for themselves being promoted for this event. It was refreshing for them as well to not be the attention of a gathering. Many of them expressed the desire to learn from others. Love their hearts!
- Several have emailed asking for specifics so that they can arrange accommodations and travel bookings. We wanted to be of service for people specifically wanting to connect with voices in their area of passion. We would hate to see someone miss the opportunity to interact with one of guests who could be a vital resource and connection to their work/idea.
So, here is the latest list of no-longer-so-secret guests/friends. They will be joining several of our facilitators to participate in our general sessions.
- Matthew Barnett – Author and Pastor of the Dream Center (www.dreamcenter.org)
- Erwin McManus – Author and Cultural Architect of Mosaic (www.erwinmcmanus.com and www.mosaic.org)
- Scott Harrison – Founder of Charity: Water (www.charityis.org)
- John Park – Projects Manager at Google
- Mel McGowan – President of Visioneering Studios (www.visioneeringstudios.com)
There are still a few more people we are hoping to confirm last minute. We will let you know if we do confirm.
In closing, we are so grateful for all of the facilitators, presenters, and participants for investing in the Idea Camp. Our hope is that the Idea Camp will be catalytic in creating an environment in which people with ideas will be able to share, network, and move collaboratively into the future.
See you on Friday!
Charles Lee and Idea Camp Team