A Personal Update
It felt great to take some time off from work and most things online this past week. My wife and I took our kids to Chicago for the week for one of our summer getaways. It was a week of much needed rest, fun, and time to detox from the craziness of life. [Click her for pics.]
Well, vacation is over (for now). I’m excited to get back to work and move ideas forward. Here’s a quick update (for those interested) on what’s ahead in the weeks and months to come for me personally:
- Writing, Writing, Writing – I’m in the process of finishing up a book on idea-making. I was fortunate enough to be approached by a great publisher. The book is scheduled to be out by next Spring.
- Company Development – My partners and I at Ideation have been working towards developing some great products, in addition to our creative services, that we hope to roll out by early 2012. In the next few months, we’d love some of your input on the way these products are being developed.
- Ideation Conference 2012 – Our team is working through possible venues and presenters for next year’s conference. It’s been encouraging to see how many companies and non-profits have communicated interest in next year’s gathering. As of now, it appears that we will be in Chicago May 2012.
- Social Entrepreneurs Gathering – Our local social entrepreneurs gathering in LA and Chicago will pick up again next month (August). These gatherings have been quite amazing. I can’t wait to share who will all be showing up in the next few months! If you want to get on our email list for this gathering, just send me your email address to [email protected]
- Family Update – Our kids are growing at an exponential pace (or at least it feels like that). Jonathan, now 8, is active as ever and participating in a couple of basketball teams this summer. We can totally see his personality blooming…a great kid with an amazing heart for people. Alexis, now 4, is so insightful that it’s scary. 🙂 Her ability to articulate her thoughts and connect ideas has been fascinating to watch. Alexis loves life and one of the silliest kids I know.
I hope you’re having a great summer as well. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read my blog from time to time. I’m continually humbled my your kind words and messages that many of you send me throughout the year. It’s great to be in community with incredible people like you!