Practical Idea for Combating Slavery – Chain Store Reaction
People often ask me, “What I can I practicially do about slavery?” Well…here’s one very practically idea…
- Chain store reaction is an open letter to the producers of your favorite products. We are asking them to promise to investigate slavery in their product chains and to clean it up where they find it. Only you can start a chain store reaction. It starts with a simple request.
How it Works:
- Shop and choose from the products in our store clicking on each individual label
- Proceed to checkout and read the Producer Pledge
- Email the “Producer Pledge” to each product’s Consumer Responsibility Agent asking them to investigate slavery in their product chains
- Return frequently to see if Producer RESPONDED to your CALL.
They even have up to date letters from companies who have responded to people’s request for slave-free authentication of products.
Here are some of the things I like about this website:
- It’s simple. The letter requesting companies to give slave-free authentication is already written for you. Just click and send.
- It’s NOT anti-corporation. The letters are respectful and focus on change. The point here is not to be angry towards the companies.
- It’s impact is clear. You will see how many emails have been sent to each company along with which companies actually responded.
Since I already know that many of you are concerned about slavery and want to do something about it, please take this opportunity to send corporations your concern via this site.
Also, please be sure to regularly visit our social networking site focusing on slavery (with up to the minute blogs about slavery) at www.onevoicetoendslavery.com.