Here are some of my favorite quotes on innovation and idea-making that continue to inspire and move me to action. I hope you find them helpful in moving your ideas forward. If you have any favorite quotes on innovation & ideas, please share below.
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.” Walt Disney
- “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.” - Michelangelo
- “Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.” - M. C. Escher
- “The best way to predict the future is to invent it.” - Alan Kay
- “Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.” - Demosthenes
Keep Moving, Trying, & Learning.
- “Learning and innovation go hand in hand. The arrogance of success is to think that what you did yesterday will be sufficient for tomorrow. ” - William Pollard
- “There’s a way to do it better - find it.” - Thomas Edison
- “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.” - Theodore Levitt
- “Mindless habitual behavior is the enemy of innovation.” - Rosabeth Moss Kanter
Do the Hard Work of Simple.
- “The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards.” - Arthur Koestier
- “A problem well stated is a problem half solved.” - Charles F. Kettering
Failure is Relative.
- “If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.” - Sir Ken Robinson
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison
- “The key to success is for you to make a habit throughout your life of doing the things you fear.” - Vincent Van Gogh
- “If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got.” - Albert Einstein