Sneak Peek to Ideation Conference (April 5-6, 2010)
Yes, it’s true. I’m in the process of creating a new series of conferences called “Ideation Conference” for 2010 and beyond. The Ideation Conference will be a platform on which idea-makers will be able to engage premier thought leaders in a given field in order to develop thoughts and networks so that good ideas may find actualization.
For those of you who are familiar with the Idea Camp (another conference series I had the privilege of developing with some friends earlier this year), this conference will carry a different feel and process for idea engagement (see format below). The Ideation Conference will bring in subject matter experts for extended periods of engagement with participants. In addition, participants will also experience white-board sessions to help process ideas for implementation and networking.
The first Ideation Conference will focus on non-profit work, especially humanitarian efforts. This conference will focus on helping non-profit organizations currently working in the field and/or individuals interested in getting involved. We have already confirmed the following individuals/organizations to be our keynote speakers and/or ideation facilitators (more to be added; waiting for some final confirmations):
- Scott Harrison, Founder of charity: water
- Ben Keesey, CEO of Invisible Children
- Keith Kall, Executive Corporate Fund Developer for World Vision
- Jake Harriman, Founder of Nuru International
- Eugene Cho, Founder of One Day’s Wages
- Hannah Song, President of LiNK (Liberty in North Korea)
- Danny Brown, Founder of the 12 for 12k
- Wade Kawasaki, CEO of Avanche Corporation and CFO of DUB Publishing Inc.
- Andy Bales, CEO of Union Rescue Mission
- Scott Hancock, Founder of the Glue Network
- Beth Kanter, Consultant & Creator of Beth’s Blog
In addition, we’ll have white-board session facilitators including (more to be added):
- Marc Payan, Founder of Marriage Tweets
- Greg Russinger, President of JustOne
- Jeff Shinabarger, Founder of Plywood People
- Yours Truly 🙂
Here’s the general format for the 2 days (details TBA):
- Morning Time: Keynotes
- Early Afternoon: 2 Hour Ideation Sessions with Keynotes
- Late Afternoon: White Board Sessions with Facilitators
- Evening: Fashion & Art Show, Special Musical Guest, & Networking
- Late Evening Options
Our website (www.ideationconference.com) will go live January 8th with a Ridiculously Early Bird ticket for $249 (rate good for opening week of website w/ $25 of each ticket sale going to one of 12 non-profits of the participant’s choice). Additional discounts are available for groups, employees of non-profit organizations, and full-time students.
We will be hosting this conference at the Westin in Long Beach, CA. We have already locked a great hotel rate of $67/night (+taxes) at this 4-star hotel with $7/night parking. The venue is only a mile from the beach and surrounded by great restuarants and tourist attractions.
Also, there will be post-conference opportunities on Wed April 7th for organizational consultation sessions upon availability.
I will be hosting the following 15 minutes Tokbox sessions to share more about the event (actual links of the Tokbox sessions will be posted the day of):
- Friday December 4th at 9am PDT/12 noon EDT and 9:30am PDT/12 noon EDT
- Tuesday December 8th at 9am PDT/12 noon EDT and 1pm PDT/4pm EDT
If you’re on twitter, please follow the conference at @theideation for the latest details.